Hey, everyone!You may have come across many software’s to download youtube videos.Also you would have used many websites where you copy and paste the link.But with this method you can download youtube videos as mp4 with ease.This method involves installation of a script in your browser/browsers.All you have to do is follow the steps described below.
Easily Download Youtube Videos As MP4 Without Using Any Software
The script works in:
- Firefox (install Greasemonkey or Scriptish first. Alternatively, you can install an extension that uses this script)
- Chrome (install the Tampermonkey extension first)
- Opera (install Violent Monkey or Tampermonkey first. Alternatively, you can install an extension which uses the script)
- Safari (install Tampermonkey or NinjaKit first. More information here.)
Here are the formats you can download using this script:
- MP4 360p (384×288, 480×360, 640×360) – all videos are available in this format. Use it if you want to play videos on a mobile phone (iPhone, Android) or to save space.
- MP4 720p (1280×720) – HD format, available for an increasing number of videos. Use this format if you want to play videos on a tablet (iPad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab) or a laptop.
- 480p and 1080p are no longer available as standalone videos downloaded from youtube.com. YouTube switched to adaptive streams and uses separate files for video and audio, which need to be merged to get a video file. This is more complicated and requires more advanced tools (ffmpeg), so I haven’t added them yet.
As stated above install any extension according to your browser.For example, I am considering chrome browser here(as everyone uses it).And i installed Tampermonkey Extension in my chrome.
1)It should look like this:
2)Now click on “Add a new scipt“.Download this text file here.Copy and paste the code from text file into the text area of tampermonkey.It should look like this:
3)Click the save icon on the top-left and the code will be saved in your browser.
4)Now open youtube and open any video you like.
5)There you can see a “Download” option below the subscribe button.Click on that and download youtube video in your selected format.
6)This method works with all extensions stated above beside the browsers.All you have to do is create a new scipt>copy and paste the code from the text file given above>save it.