How To Move Whatsapp Chat History From Your Old Device to New One?
Bought a new Android mobile? Worried of losing Whatsapp chat history? Here are the steps you need to follow to move whatsapp chat history from your old device to new one.
- Open the Settings menu of WhatsApp, tap on Chats and calls and then tap Chat backup.
- Now in your android device you need to do is go to the Internal storage and then navigate to the folder Whatsapp in your file manager.
- Now there you will find Database folder, you just need is copy that folder and then paste in external sd card to transfer conversations from your current device to any other.
- Now put that External Sd card in your new android device where you want to get your chats.
- Install WhatsApp on your new Android phone. When the app asks if you would like to restore the previous backup or not, click ”Restore”.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable, and navigate to the internal memory of the device to the folder WhatsApp / Database. This is where all the backup files are saved with a date. They will look something like “msgstore-2013-05-29. “. Copy the file with the latest creation date onto your PC.
- Install WhatsApp on your new device but do not start the app!
- Connect your new device to the PC via USB. Because you’ve already downloaded WhatsApp onto your new handset, the folder WhatsApp / Databases should now exist. If not, you can manually create a new Databases folder in theWhatsApp folder.
4. Copy your WhatsApp conversation backup file into this folder.
Now start WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should now get a notification that a message backup was found. Just tap Restore, and you’re done. After a few seconds, all of your messages should have appeared on your new device.