10 Top Best Browsers For Mac
Here is a list of 10 top best browsers for mac. You may be online for fun, work, or something in between the two.
Table of Contents
No matter what you are doing online, if you’re a Mac user, you can choose from several internet browsers.
Some offer better speed, while others guarantee lower memory usage and more personalized browsing experiences.
So what is the best internet browser for Mac users?
Each individual has his own set of preferences. Here are some top internet browsers for mac:
Vivaldi is a browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. Vivaldi has a powerful feature set, but that’s not all.
One of the things that makes Vivaldi unique is that it’s built on modern Web technologies.
Vivaldi is the web built with the web. Are you a keyboard person? Then you’re in luck.
Quick Commands allow you to quickly search through various settings, history, open tabs, bookmarks, and more with a single keyboard shortcut.
We aim to make the Quick Command menu highly customizable, allowing you to make your own commands and run them quickly.
Take notes while browsing and add screenshots right in the handy Notes panel.
The notes will automatically remember which site you were browsing at the time and allow you to add tags, to easily organize and find them later.
You can download Vivaldi Browser from Here.
It’s the end of the road for what used to be the best web browser in the world. AOL has decided to end the support of Netscape at version 18.104.22.168. This is #2 among 10 top best browsers for mac.
Netscape very much resembles Firefox in its features and functions, all in a clear light turquoise interface.
From tabbed browsing to RSS feeds, sidebar and bookmark organizing, Netscape is just like Firefox. You can also manage your own search engines on the top right and add all sorts of Mozilla extensions.
The mini browser, on the other hand, seems a bit out of place. It essentially shows websites in simple text, in case there are some pages you just want to browse through quickly.
However, I felt it all looked a little cluttered, especially when you can open pages in multiple tabs instead.
Download Netscape Browser Here
Flock Web Browser
- Flock delivers the latest webmail, photos, videos, and updates from your favorites sites, so you can stop running around. Take a load off. Enjoy. This is #3 among 10 top best browsers for mac 2016.
- Keep in tune with your friends and their activities. Flock makes sure you never miss a beat.
- Flock hooks it all together so you can drag and drop anything to your friends.
- Flock makes blogging and photo uploading to popular services super easy. Just log in to your favorite service and you’re instantly ready to publish anything from anywhere on the web with Flock.
- Flock automatically connects you with over 20 of your favorite online services. Just log in. Flock does the rest.
- Flock has features you can’t find in any other browser, whether you’re consuming the news or making the news.
- It has a spate toolbar that is based on social networks. This allows you to quickly share pages and links with your contacts across multiple networks like Facebook and Twitter. Quit nifty, isn’t it?
Download Flock Web Browser
Omni Web Browser
OmniWeb is a powerful, award-winning, feature-rich alternative to the standard web browser. Better organization and more fun with the original side-tabbed browser. (Requires OS X v10.4.8+).
This is #4 among 10 top best browsers for mac.
People who use and love the Mac (and Mac OS X in particular) do so because of the sum of all the little things; the attention to detail that makes the Mac user experience superior.
Omni knows this and built the only browser that has the same level of detail.
OmniWeb draws on the full beauty of Mac OS X’s Quartz graphics, and truly leverages the Aqua interface with drawers, sheets, customizable toolbars, and more.
If you are a person who loves a lot of goodies along with the main product then you love Omni.
OmniWeb offers Mac users impressive control over viewing preferences.
Instead of seeing a one-size-fits-all webpage or even a responsive page, this browser lets users change nearly any website’s appearance.
The look of any webpage is in your hands, as you can change elements like the font size and color.
Since OmniWeb also offers Ad Blocker as a built-in feature, users can further customize what they see by hiding ads.
Although OmniWeb is a less-conventional choice and has fewer advanced search functions, it makes a great option for internet users who want to have control over the look of the sites they view.
You can download it here.
Maxthon Web Browser
- Cloud Push: Supports sending a text, images, websites/links and tabs to Mac, Android, and Windows operating systems.
- Cloud Share: Supports sharing text, images, websites/links, and files with friends.
- Cloud Download: Supports downloading files in various formats and uploading them to ‘My Cloud’ for backup on any device.
- My Cloud Tabs: Lets you pick up where you left off by automatically syncing your tabs to iOS, Windows, or Android devices.
- Cloud Sync: Sync Bookmarks/Favorites and other content seamlessly across Windows, Mac, and Android devices.
- Highlight a URL or words on a webpage and then drag and drop into your Address Bar to open a new page or execute a web search.
- Make a simple shape with your mouse and trigger commands like Refresh, Close Tab, Page Top/Down, and Previous/Next Tab.
- No need to install Flash to watch Flash videos on Maxthon for Mac!
- Great for all of the fun flash games you find as you browse.
- Our extension center makes it easy for you to find great extensions to add even *more* firepower to your Maxthon browser.
- Maxthon for Mac is compatible with Chrome extensions.
- All user data is encrypted to ensure security.
- “Do Not Track” is offered to protect privacy from ad networks and beacons.
You can also view the websites on full-screen mode for a better experience. Download Maxthon from here.
Mac users can easily name Safari as the default browser for their machines. Not only does Safari work with MacBooks and iMacs, but it’s also the default browser for iPhones and iPads.
Safari 7 offers some of this browser’s most advanced features, including syncing among devices, offline reading lists, and iCloud tabs.
If you use iOS on all of your devices, Safari is an excellent native browser choice. Almost every MAC user has used this browser and always has nice things to say about it.
So there is no need of discussing it as you already know. This is #6 among 10 top best browsers for mac. 😆
You can download it Here
Camino Web Browser
Another web browser that is based on the Firefox rendering system, Camino is another top web browser for your MAC.
One special thing about it is that it only comes for MAC so it is completely adjusted and adapted to its stylish interface, unlike Chrome or Firefox which can sometimes be not MAC-friendly.
It has scrollable tab bars, annoyance blocker which blocks unwanted popups and flash ads. This is #7 among 10 top best browsers for mac.
After a decade-long run, Camino is no longer being developed, and we encourage all users to upgrade to a more modern browser.
Camino is increasingly lagging behind the fast pace of changes on the web, and more importantly, it is not receiving security updates, making it increasingly unsafe to use.
If you haven’t tried it then I recommend that you do. MAC users will love it. Download it here.
Although Opera isn’t the most popular browser on the market, it’s the best Mac internet browser for those with slow internet connections. Since this browser compresses pages, it loads them faster than other browsers can.
Opera also has an Off-Road mode, which prompts the browser to check for an optimized version of a website before loading it.
While Opera has many helpful new features, it doesn’t offer the syncing or advanced bookmarking of other browsers. This is #8 among 10 top best browsers for mac.
The newest and latest version of the age-old Opera browser is based on fast and smooth web browsing and has its origins in the same Chromium project.
You get increased speed, powerful rendering features, and even faster speeds in slower connections through the server-side compression tech it employs.
You can download it Here
A full-featured browser with many customization opportunities, Chrome is the best of all worlds.
Not only is this browser the fastest out of all the primary options, but it also has many add-ons for a personalized browsing and ample troubleshooting.
For developers, Chrome has plenty of options and customization opportunities.
The browser also offers advanced syncing among devices and apps, so if you’re constantly multitasking during your web-browsing sessions, Chrome is a great choice.
This is #9 among 10 top best browsers for mac.
As you’d expect, Google Chrome for Mac also features tabbed browsing, which visually, is more attractive than Firefox which tends to cram them together somewhat.
Extensions and bookmarking (including syncing across machines) are included, as is Adobe Flash.
Chrome for Mac only works on Intel Macs and you might find that some add-ons that you used with previous browsers aren’t available for it yet.
This is rapidly changing however and most popular add-ons are now available on Chrome.
Perhaps most importantly, Google Chrome for Mac is extremely quick.
Surfing the Softonic site, page-loads took less than a second, and all images were loaded very quickly. YouTube in particular loaded with lightning speed.
You can download it Here
Mozilla Firefox is a free, open-source web browser that offers numerous features and customization options.
Its performance is excellent, and it’s designed to protect your privacy. Firefox includes several built-in features that can be extended through a vast catalog of extensions.
It offers tabbed browsing customizable, the standard on all browsers now for quite some time. It also has an integrated search engine and is easily customizable. This is #10 among 10 top best browsers for mac.
From the homepage, you’ll have access to a Google search box and a list of shortcuts to access your downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, synchronization, and settings.
It has all the essential features and also includes a spell checker, built-in PDF reader, navigation with geotagging, and much more.
It also provides some basic features, which are a spell checker, integrated PDF reader, navigation with geolocation, a reading mode to read without distractions, integration with Pocket, and more.
You can download it Here