You have probably heard about Walmart! The largest company in the United States and one of the largest in Canada, Walmart was once just geologically limited to the South and the lower Midwest but has now become an international retailer company.
Table of Contents
With over 10,500 stores internationally, the company employs over 2.2 billion workers and refers to them as their associates.
And thus, Walmart is the largest private employer along with being the largest company by revenue in the world.
While some international investments of Walmart have been successful, others did not give profitable results.
If you are a former employee at Walmart, you know how easy it is to access all your information at One Walmart.
But you must register at the portal first.
And did you know that now the company even allows you to set up two-step verification to access your information safely.
In this article, we are going to learn about the special link- wmlink/2step.
How does the verification work and how to set it up?
Don’t worry, you will get all the answers!
What is WMlink/2step verification?
It is said that passwords no matter how strong you set them, are not a safe way to keep your account and its information secure.
Two-step authentication or verification is a better way to reduce your chances of getting hacked or other third parties gaining unauthorized access to any of your information.
It is most popular with google accounts now with the news that Google will mandate two-step verification for all its users’ accounts.
If you are a former Walmart employee, you already know about the ASDA login through Walmart One website.
It is the official employee-only portal for the employees of Walmart to access information like their paychecks, leaves, bonuses, and much more.
The wmlink/2sv or wmlink/2step verification is the official link of Walmart One for all its employees to log in to their ASDA account with 2-step verification.
You get a unique 6-digit code every time you log in after entering your User ID and password.
This code can be shared via SMS, email, app, or call.
This helps you get a message each time anybody logs in to your account, thus you can easily keep an eye on the account without any trouble.
Why Do We Need 2-step Verification?
Walmart’s wmlink/2step verification is required every time you log in to the employee portal from a personal device for example a mobile phone which is not on Walmart’s network.
By entering the code sent to you, it ensures the company that its data is accessed safely.
This step is essential especially for those who constantly worry that their accounts on such portals can be hacked.
Moreover, no two accounts (i.e., no two colleagues) can use the same number to receive verification codes, so all the employees can rest assured that there will be no leak of any of their information.
How to Setup the WMlink/2step Portal?
Here are the instructions on how you can set up two-step verification on your ASDA or Walmart One account.
You get three options to choose from in order to receive your unique one-time code- via text message, voice call, and call.
But before you set your option to receive the code, you must set up 2-step verification for your account:
- Open any web browser on your device and search for One Walmart.
- Go to the official website of the company (one.walmart.com) and either click on the ‘Login’ option on the top-right corner of the website or go to the left-corner menu and select anything after selecting ‘Me’.
- The ASDA login page will open. Here you must enter your User ID, Country/region, and Location- store/club Pharmacy, Home office, Store/Club, or DC. Afterward, hit login.
- Now, to ensure that you are logged in successfully with your Walmart employee account, go to the homepage and check if your name is displayed on the top-right corner instead of ‘login’. If not, then try logging in again with the User ID and Password.
- Once logged in, go to the 2-step verification option from the menu.
- Now follow any of the following instructions:
- You can choose text messaging– select the option> select your country code> enter your phone number without the 0 in the front. Then, click on ‘send code’ and verify your phone number by entering the code sent to your number via text.
- You can choose voice message– select the option> select the country code> enter your mobile number without any 0 in the front. Now re-enter the mobile number and click on submit. Your number will be successfully registered to receive voice messages for 2-step verification.
- You can choose an app– for this go to the respective app store of your smartphone> download the Walmart Symantec VIP Access app> log in with your ASDA user ID and password along with the security code shown on the app. Click on Submit and you will be registered successfully.
Can you we change the verification method, once we have selected a method?
Fortunately, you can change your method to receive the unique 6-digit code even if you have set it once.
You can switch easily from one method to another by doing the following:
- Go to the One Walmart portal and log in with your credentials- user ID and password.
- Go to the option from which you earlier set up the 2-step verification.
- Now select the option you want to receive the code.
- Do the needful and press submit. Your verification method will be changed effortlessly.
Common issues with the 2-step verification method:
There are possibilities that you can face trouble while setting up the 2-step verification from your browser on any device. Here are some common issues and their solutions:
- Incorrect password– usually the case, the incorrect password for your account causes issues with the 2-step verification process. You must carefully type the password. Make sure you use upper case letters wherever written used in the password. If you have forgotten the password, you can click on the ‘Forgot password’ link at the bottom of the password section and then follow the instructions to reset it.
- Browser caches– while a cache has a low chance to trouble you in the process, there is no harm to eliminate the slightest possibility. You can go to the settings of your browser, look for cookies and caches and clear them for all time. You can even try using another web browser in case heavy traffic is preventing you from logging in.
- Walmart server down– there can be chances that when you were trying to set up 2-step verification for your account, Walmart servers went down and are causing trouble. In such a case, you can try to log in again after some time.
If you still face any issues while logging in or setting up the 2-step verification for your account, you can contact the customer/ technical support of the company.
What is Walmart Wire or One Walmart?
It is a web portal for all Walmart employees to get updates about their company including the latest news, keep a track of their leaves, check their payslips history and employee benefits, and much more.
Employees need their User ID and Password to log in to this portal.
What is Walmart wmlink/2step verification?
2-step verification (2SV) is the extra layer of protection on your Walmart account to prevent it from being hacked.
After entering your User ID and Password, the system will ask you to enter a 6-digit one-time code to successfully log in to your account.
This code can be sent to you by voice message, text message, or app, as per the option you select.
The 2-step verification will be required each time you log in to your account on a personal device (not registered on the Walmart network).
Why is my Walmart App not working?
There are many reasons possible for such kind of issue- the app version is outdated, unstable internet connectivity, incompatible device, app cache, or incorrect login credentials.
You must do the needful to eradicate such causes behind the error.
You can also uninstall and reinstall the app.
Do I have to have a smartphone for 2-step verification?
No, it is not necessary for you to have a smartphone for 2-step verification.
You can register your landline number to receive code via voice message or register the mobile number capable of receiving text messages.
Do I need to use 2SV to check information from the Walmart store/club?
No, you do not need to use 2-step verification if you are accessing the information on a Walmart store/club network.
2SV is required only when you are accessing information via a personal device.
Can I change the ASDA Walmart Password myself?
Yes, employees have the option to change or reset forgotten passwords themselves.
Once you enter the user ID, location, and country on the login page, you are then prompted to enter the password.
At the bottom of this page, you will see a link that says ‘Forgotten Password?’ Click on this link and follow the prompts on your screen to reset your password.
In order to change the password, you can log in to your account and click on your profile to change the password under your credentials.
Do I need 2SV if I have already enrolled for BYOD?
No! If you are already enrolled for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), chances are that your device is registered by the company on their network.
Thus, if you access information from this device, you will not require a 2SV.
Founded by Sam Walton in 1962, Walmart is an American retail corporation that operates internationally and is headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, USA.
It operates a large chain of discount department stores, grocery stores, hypermarkets, supermarkets, and superstores in almost 24 countries under 48 different names.
The company is the world’s largest public corporation in terms of revenue and also the largest private employer in the world.
Walmart is the largest retail company in the US and one of the biggest retailers in Canada.
The company operates as Walmart in US and Canada, as Flipkart Wholesale in India, and as Walmart de México y Centro América in Mexico and Central America. It reported mixed results from its investments outside the US.
Walmart And The Associates
Walmart has experienced a strange relationship with its associates. It has faced a torrent of lawsuits and other issues related to its associates.
Various investigations have proved that Walmart gives low wages to its workers, poor working environment, inadequate health care, and more.
However, Walmart has stood itself in everything else. It has seemingly affected the unemployment rates wherever it is established, and it also employs more African Americans than any other private employer in the US.
Back in 2009, the company announced that it was paying a combined large amount of money in bonuses to each part-time and full-time hourly worker.
The company also offers various employee benefits including the 401(k)-pension plan, merchandise discounts, employees’ stock purchase plan, and much more.
Walmart has developed online portals for employees who can access their information and job-related news anytime and from anywhere.
The added 2 step-verification system is also developed for security purposes.
One Walmart is the official web portal for the employees to log in and access all the essential information online anytime anywhere.
Employees require their ASDA User ID, location, country, and Password to log in.
However, if you are accessing the information from a personal device away from the store, you now require the 2-step verification for security purposes.
So, how you can set up 2-step verification, and what are all the options- we have answered all your questions in this article.
We have also mentioned some common issues you can face and how to eliminate them.
So, do not forget to read all the information so that you do not miss out on anything! And for any other queries, comment down below!